Join the CultureMap Team
Do you love CultureMap? Enough to help us sell it?
We are looking for dynamic reps to join our sales force in all of the markets we serve: Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio.
Plus, we have both part- and full-time opportunities. Sound exciting? Then send your resume to chief revenue officer Chad Miller at email@example.com.
We are currently looking for a managing editor to run the day-to-day operations of the Austin and San Antonio websites, from our Austin office. Excellent writing, editing, and organizational skills are a must. The ideal candidate also has at least two years of experience as a managing editor or copy editor and thrives in a fast-paced, news-driven environment. Technical and social media savvy are preferred, as CultureMap is a digital-only media company.
CultureMap delivers daily lifestyle content in the categories of restaurants and bars, real estate, society, arts, entertainment, fashion and beauty, home and design, travel, and city life, targeted to the city’s young professionals. The managing editor must have an awareness and passion for these topics, as well as a desire to help grow a burgeoning media brand.
The managing editor’s responsibilities include the following:
- Working with the network managing editor and editor-in-chief to fulfill CultureMap’s editorial vision
- Managing the local editorial calendar
- Assigning stories to staff writers, freelancers, and photographers
- Editing incoming articles for content and style, according to the brand style guide
- Building the homepage and Daily Digest email
- Writing stories as needed
- Procuring and cropping photos according to brand standards
- Managing and monitoring editorial social media posts
- Managing administrative tasks such as invoices
- Moderating site comments
- Implementing internship program and managing interns
- Representing editorial at CultureMap events such as Tastemaker Awards and quarterly socials
Does this sound like you? Then please send a resume and writing samples to network editor in chief Jennifer Chininis at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.